Loyola University Maryland enjoys a very strong relationship with its parents and works in a partnership to strengthen the hearts and minds of Loyola students. At Loyola, we take great pride in how parents are involved in the success of our students.
The Parents Council is a leadership council comprised of dedicated parents of current students that seek to develop and strengthen meaningful relationships between fellow parents and Loyola University Maryland. The goal of the Parents Council is to engage fellow parents of current and prior Loyola students in the life of the University. Members endorse Loyola’s mission by supporting the University with a leadership gift, promoting annual donations by parents, hosting or co-sponsoring events, and encouraging attendance at regional parent events.
Your role as a Parents Council member:
- Act as advocates for Loyola University Maryland by promoting Loyola’s mission and the quality of education that the University provides.
- Support the Annual Fund with a personal leadership gift of $1,852 or more.
- Host or sponsor a regional event or a small gathering of area parents at a mutually agreed upon date and venue.
- Further support the growth of the Annual Fund by contacting assigned parent prospects during the fall fundraising campaign in October, encouraging them to make a gift before December, and sending a note of thanks.
- Encourage their assigned parent prospects to attend the regional event in their area.
If you would like more information about the Parents Council, please contact Almarie Wood '88, MBA '95, associate director of parent giving, at 410-617-1624 or firstname.lastname@example.org.